While dermaplaning is a current hot topic, it isn’t a new procedure. In fact, it has been around for decades as a valuable tool for dermatologists and esthetician’s alike. If you have had any type of facial or skincare treatment, you have likely experienced this particular treatment form.
However, most people consider dermaplaning more of a step in a treatment rather than a treatment in itself. This idea discounts the effectiveness of this relatively simply treatment. So let’s take a deeper dive into the benefits of dermaplaning.
Dermaplaning is a non-invasive exfoliation technique that involves the use of a surgical scalpel to gently scrape off the top layer of your skin. This process not only removes dead skin cells but also fine vellus hairs (peach fuzz) from the surface.
Often, dermaplaning is confused with shaving, but they are not the same. The scalpel blades used for dermaplane are medical grade and much finer than your standard straight razor. Plus, shaving only removes the hair, while dermaplaning actively removes the upper epidermis, the very top layer, of the skin.
The Benefits of Dermaplaning
- Gentle Treatment: Dermaplaning is one of the safest and gentlest exfoliation treatments available. Done by an expert, it is also one of the most relaxing facial treatment options.
- Excellent Exfoliation: One of the primary benefits of dermaplaning is its exfoliation. By eliminating the outermost layer of dead skin cells, it leaves your skin looking fresher and more vibrant. This deeper exfoliation can be particularly beneficial for individuals with dull or uneven skin texture.
- Bye, Bye, Peach Fuzz! Dermaplaning gets rid of the peach fuzz which can be bothersome for many. By eliminating this fine hair, your skin appears smoother, makeup goes on easier, and you're left with a softer more velvety feel to your skin.
- Enhanced Skincare Product Absorption: Once the barrier of dead skin cells and peach fuzz is removed, your skincare products can penetrate more effectively. This means that your serums, moisturizers, and treatments can get to work more efficiently, yielding better results.
- Acne and Hyperpigmentation Improvement: Many individuals notice improvements in their acne and hyperpigmentation issues after regular dermaplaning sessions. The removal of dead skin cells and the enhanced product absorption contribute to these positive changes.
- Reduce Fine Lines and Wrinkles: While dermaplaning isn't a magical elixir for eternal youth, it can help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The stimulation of skin cell turnover and collagen production can leave your skin looking more youthful and refreshed.
Dermaplaning at Simply Pure
At Simply Pure Skin Studio, we offer dermaplaning as a standalone treatment or as a deep cleansing facial.
Because dermaplaning is a relatively quick procedure, about 15 to 30 minutes, many spas and clinics simply do a cleansing before dermaplaning and follow up with a moisturizer and/or sunscreen. In our standalone sessions, we always include a facial massage and a mask. It is important to us that these shortened treatments, about 45 minutes to an hour, are a relaxing and beneficial experience. Our goal is to ensure that every client leaves our studio not only with bright, glowing skin but also with a sense of relaxation and rejuvenation.
Client Satisfaction and Demand
Dermaplaning is one of the most requested treatments at Simply Pure Skin Studio. Clients rave about the results they see and feel. We have personally seen improved skin texture, reduced acne breakouts, and more radiant complexions in our clients.
To learn for yourself how beneficial dermaplane treatments are, click HERE to see our treatment options and schedule a session today!